5 tips to maintain your air conditioner system in Orange County
5 Simple Steps to Maintaining a Healthy HVAC System in Orange County
Spring time in Orange County is a great time to inspect and perform any basic maintenance to your home’s air and heating system; especially if you live in Los Angeles County Inland Empire. Not only it will prolong the HVAC system and increase energy efficiency, it may also save you hundreds to thousands of dollars in the long haul from costly repairs.
If you life in Orange County or Los Angeles; the following tips will help you maintain your heater and air conditioning system:
- Check and replace filters regularly especially if you live in the Inland Empire, Los Angeles. This is the very first step a homeowner can take to ensure HVAC system efficiency as dirty air filters can block and cause strain on the running parts. It’s usually recommended to change filters every 90 days, but if you have pets, smoke, or frequently have windows open, we recommend you do it more frequently.
- Use better filters on your heating and air conditioning system especially if you live in hot, dry, dessert areas. You may have to spend a little extra, but those pleated, high-efficiency filters are able to trap more dust and allergen, and even the tiniest of particles that sometimes carry harmful bacteria.
- Remove debris and clear your AC system’s surrounding space. It’s especially important to those who have an outdoor unit to make sure it’s free of leaves, twigs, grass trimmings, dirt, and other debris. It’s also wise to leave ample space around the entire unit so as to not block any airflow. Maximized airflow increases the life and efficiency of the HVAC system.
- Clean the vents. Vacuum and wipe down HVAC registers, grilles, and ducts of dust to improve the flow of air inside the home. Specially in hot, dusty desert areas.
- Pay attention to your heating and AC system. Whether it’s an odd noise or a wet spot around your AC system you haven’t noticed before; look and listen for any abnormalities when operating your system. If you notice a possible HVAC issue, try locating the source. It could be something blocking the registers, loose bolts, or a refrigerant leak. If you cannot figure out the cause, it may be necessary to call us and have our guys figure out the problem. Contact Lambert heating and air to request a heating and Air conditioning system appointment.
Our team at Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning will keep your system running efficiently from Orange County to Los Angeles. Give us a call today: (562) 861-2727.
Preventive maintenance to your system done by experienced HVAC professionals like the ones at Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning, can get everything checked out; down to the last bit you might otherwise miss. You may also want to check your HVAC’s manual first as many manufacturers require maintenance be done by a professional for the purpose of keeping the warranty.
Call our HVAC experts and keep your systems running smoothly this summer.
(562) 861-2727 or Contact Us Today