If you suffer from allergies or breathing difficulty, an air filtration system may be right for you. Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning is a family-owned, local company that provides a first-rate experience from start to finish. Whether you need to improve your inside air or need heating and cooling repair, you can count on our trusted experts.
Whatever your indoor air quality needs, Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning is here for you!
Common Indoor Air Pollutants
You may not realize it, but the air in your home can be more polluted than outside. Because we spend so much time indoors, breathing clean, healthy air is crucial.
Common sources of indoor air pollution include:
- Tobacco Smoke
- Household Cleaning Products
- Gas Appliances
- Pet Dander
Indoor air pollution combined with poor ventilation causes what’s known as sick building syndrome, which manifests as headaches, nasal irritation, sore throat, itchy eyes, drowsiness, and breathing difficulty.
Benefits Of An Air Filtration System
Besides improving your ventilation, adding a whole home air purifier is an excellent way to create a healthier indoor environment. If you’ve never considered adding a filtration system to your home, here are a few benefits to think about.
- Asthma Relief The Centers for Disease Control estimates that 1 in 12 people suffer from asthma and indoor pollutants like pet dander, pollen, dust mites, and dust exacerbate the condition. Installing an air cleaner can provide significant relief from asthma symptoms.
- Eliminates Harmful Chemicals Even if you don’t live in the city, your home may still become filled with harmful chemicals like carbon monoxide and vehicle exhaust. Also, if you use chemical household cleaners, you may be inhaling toxins you’re unaware of. Air purifiers that use activated carbon can reduce or eliminate these chemicals.
- Odor Neutralization Depending on your home’s air quality, you may notice constant unpleasant odors. Air fresheners and scented candles mask the problem and sometimes add to it. Air cleaners remove the volatile organic compounds that cause the unpleasant smell, so your home smells clean and fresh without needing sprays.
- Reduces Airborne Diseases Diseases like the common cold and flu spread through pathogens in the air. When one family member gets sick, the rest soon follow. A HEPA air cleaner can capture these pathogens for improved health.
- Better Sleep Finally, improving the air quality in your home by removing harmful chemicals and pathogens that cause nasal irritation and breathing issues can improve your sleep, making you more alert and giving you more energy for the day.
If you’re still on the fence about installing an air purifier, call one of our technicians today for a consultation.
Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning is your local expert for HVAC filter replacement.
How To Choose An Air Filtration System
Air purifiers have been growing in popularity since the pandemic and lockdowns. And, with many people continuing to work from home, clean indoor air is more crucial now than ever. With so many air cleaners, filters, and purifiers on the market, picking the right one is a challenge. Here are a few things to consider.
What Are Your Needs?
Some air filters are better at removing certain pollutants than others, so you must consider what you want to achieve. For example, if you’re concerned about indoor tobacco smoke, you may need a different system than someone with pets.
Also, air purifiers are rated on how well they filter differently-sized particles. For example, some filters are better at trapping smoke, while others are better at trapping airborne particulates.
The best way to determine which system is right for you is to call an indoor air quality expert, tell them your concerns, and get a recommendation.