Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning is a locally owned and operated, full-service heating and cooling provider. Because we’re local, we give our customers an A+-rated experience from start to finish. Our technicians are committed to respecting you and your property; all have passed extensive background checks for your safety and peace of mind.
Contact us today when you need AC service you can trust.
Los Angeles County Evaporator Coil Repair
The last thing residents in this part of the country need is AC failure during peak summer weather. The best way to ensure your system is ready to work is by maintaining it well. One of the most crucial components is the evaporator coil, so let’s look at what it does and the signs that it may need to be repaired.
- What Is The Evaporator Coil? The evaporator coil’s job is to absorb heat from the air inside the house, and it’s typically part of the indoor air handler. The evaporator coil works with the condenser coil to exchange heat, producing the desired cool air.
- Signs You Need Evaporator Coil Repair Because the evaporator coil is such a crucial component, it’s good to know the signs that something is wrong so you can call a professional for repair or replacement.
Here’s what to watch for.
- Warm air blowing from the vents
- The air conditioner cycles frequently
- Water leaking on the outside of the system
- You can’t get the temperature you desire despite what the thermostat says
- Unusual noises like hissing coming from the cooling system
If your evaporator coil becomes dirty or damaged, it can compromise the entire system. Call the cooling experts at Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning when you need evaporator coil repair.
How Often Do You Need Evaporator Coil Cleaning
People who live in Los Angeles County often run their air conditioners throughout the year, and because of that, parts wear out more quickly than systems operating in other parts of the country. As we’ve seen, the evaporator coil is crucial for your air conditioner to cool your home, so you must keep it clean and well-maintained.
Experts recommend AC evaporator coil cleaning once a year, and you can schedule that along with your annual AC maintenance routine. You can tell if your evaporator coil needs to be cleaned by monitoring it for ice buildup, which happens when the coil can’t absorb heat effectively.
Although you can clean the coil yourself, it’s best to let a professional handle it to avoid accidental damage and to ensure it’s done correctly.
Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning has affordable AC maintenance plans to keep your air conditioner running efficiently and extend its lifespan.
Your Downey AC Specialists
When experience counts, you can trust the heating and cooling experts at Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning. With four decades under our belt, we’ve seen every heating and cooling problem you can imagine and fixed them all. We hold a 5-Star rating on multiple review sites and back our work with a customer satisfaction guarantee.