When you need a heating and cooling company you can count on, trust the experts at Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning. With forty years of experience, there isn’t a heating or cooling problem we haven’t seen and fixed. As a family-owned, local company, we provide customers with customer service they can’t get with the big national chains.
Contact us today to request an estimate.
Signs You Need Air Duct Repair
Out of sight, out of mind applies to many things around your house, including your HVAC ductwork. However, your ducts are the circulation system of your heating and cooling, and if they’re damaged, you can suffer.
Knowing if your air ducts need repair or replacement can be challenging, but here are a few signs to watch for.
- Whistling Noise An HVAC system can make numerous noises, like banging, screeching, or rattling, which indicate a problem within the unit. However, if you hear whistling when your heater or AC runs, it usually means damage within the ductwork. Whistling isn’t just annoying; it could indicate a leak, which means you’re losing heating and cooling efficiency, causing your energy bills to go up.
- Hot & Cold Spots Through The House Do you notice temperature fluctuations when walking from room to room? If so, it could be a leak in the ductwork causing the problem.
- Higher Energy Bills As mentioned, leaks in the ductwork mean losing heating and cooling efficiency, making your system work harder to maintain the desired temperature and increasing energy expenses.
- Pest Infestation It can be bad news for your ducts if you’ve had an infestation of pests, like rats or bugs. Pests leave holes and unhealthy contaminants, which can negatively impact health. After a nasty pest infestation, it’s wise to consider ductwork replacement to be certain the air you’re breathing is as clean as possible.
Contact Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning for an estimate for superior air duct repair.
Do I Need Ductwork Replacement?
When facing issues within your heating and cooling ducts, you must decide whether it’s better to repair or replace them. It’s typically more cost-effective to go the repair route, but sometimes replacement is the better option, and here’s how to know which way to go.
Opt for repairs if the ductwork system has minor leaks but is otherwise in good condition. Patching holes is much less expensive and labor-intensive than replacement and typically fixes the issue.
On the other hand, if your ducts are heavily contaminated, severely damaged, undersized, or incorrectly installed, it’s worth the cost to replace them to ensure you breathe clean air and maximize system efficiency.
If you have problems with your air ducts and don’t know whether to repair or replace them, call one of our experienced technicians for an inspection and consultation.
Call us for all of your air conditioner repair needs.
Why Hire Us?
At Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning, we know there are many choices in Downey, CA, when you need air duct repair or general heating and cooling services. When you choose us, we give you:
- Flat-rate pricing
- Written estimates
- Skilled, honest technicians
- Drug-free employees
- Property protection
- No-surprise guarantee
- Every job done right the first time