Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning is a family-owned, full-service heating and cooling provider that’s served homeowners throughout Los Angeles County for four decades. Because we’re a locally-owned company, we offer superior customer service compared to many national chains. Call us when you need AC repair, AC installation, or routine maintenance.
You can count on us for all of your air conditioner repair needs.
Benefits of a Ductless Mini Split AC System
Ductless mini split air conditioners are growing in popularity in the United States, but many Americans still aren’t aware of their benefits. If you need an effective cooling solution for your home, here are a few good reasons to consider going ductless.
- Ductless systems distribute cool air more evenly throughout the room and home than traditional central air conditioners, providing more comfort.
- Modern ductless air conditioners are heat pumps and provide both heating and cooling.
- Because of superior technology, most mini split AC systems are more energy efficient than most central systems. Many mini-split systems have a SEER (seasonal energy efficiency rating) of 20+.
- Ductless mini split condensers are extremely quiet in the operation.
- Ductless mini split systems can be installed for one room or for an entire house.
- Ductless systems save energy because you can set up cooling zones throughout the house and only cool the rooms you want, which is more efficient than systems that cool the entire house.
- Because of selective cooling, families have more options for everyone to be comfortable according to their desired temperature.
- Finally, ductless air conditioners are easier to maintain than central air conditioners, with only filter changes and keeping vents clear required.
Mini splits can be installed in a house with or without an attic.
If you’re looking for a cost-effective, efficient cooling option for your home, call one of our experts to discuss whether a ductless mini split air conditioner is right for you.
Los Angeles County Ductless System Repair
While ductless mini split air conditioners require less maintenance and are more reliable than central air conditioners, they sometimes break down and need repairing. Here are the most common signs that warrant calling a professional.
- Unresponsive Controls Sometimes, your air conditioner will fail to respond to your input, and it’s typically an electrical issue or reversing valve causing it.
- Spike in Electric Bills All air conditioners lose efficiency as they age, including ductless mini splits. The average lifespan for a ductless system is 12 to 15 years, and when your system loses efficiency, you will notice higher-than-average electric bills. If you see a sudden increase in energy expenses, call a professional to determine if a tune-up will solve the problem or if it’s time to replace your unit.
- Unusual Noise If you hear unusual noises from the indoor unit, such as grinding or squealing, it usually means the bearings have worn down, which can cause the motor to overheat and burn out if you don’t replace them quickly.
Finally, if you see your mini split is not working correctly, it could be a clogged filter, malfunctioning remote, refrigerant leak, or another issue. Call a professional to investigate.
Check out our AC maintenance to keep your system running efficiently and extend its lifespan.