Finding a reliable AC contractor isn’t as tricky as finding a needle in a haystack when you have Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning in town. We have four decades of experience and glowing reviews across websites like HomeAdvisor, Angi, and Yelp. Whether you need air conditioning installation, central AC repair, or routine maintenance, you can trust us to do the job right the first time.
Please visit our reviews page to see what your friends think about our work.
La Habra AC Replacement
Apart from sudden AC failure, it’s challenging to know when to replace your air conditioner; however, there are subtle (and not so subtle) clues that you should consider it sooner rather than later.
- How Old Is It? A good clue that your air conditioner is past its prime is its age. The average lifespan of an AC is between 15 and 20 years, so once your system reaches that point, it’s wise to plan on replacing it soon before it breaks down.
- Your Maintenance Schedule Another factor determining when an air conditioner will need to be replaced is how well-maintained it is. If you’ve kept up with regular service, you should get the maximum life out of the unit. However, if your maintenance track record is spotty or non-existent, keeping it running can get prohibitively expensive, and replacing it is the better option.
- The $5,000 Rule If your air conditioner needs repairs, experts recommend considering the $5,000 rule. This rule multiplies the unit’s age with the repair cost. Replacing the system is the better option if the amount is more than $5,000.
- When Is The Right Time For AC Replacement? If you’re unsure about the age or condition of your air conditioner, call the cooling experts at Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning for an evaluation. Our technician will inspect your system and recommend the best course for your needs and budget.
Check out our cooling maintenance to keep your air conditioner in top running condition.
5 Benefits of AC Maintenance
There seems to be a never-ending list of household chores, and unfortunately, many homeowners overlook AC maintenance. However, a simple call to a cooling professional can save you time, money, and headaches in the future. Here are the top five benefits of annual air conditioner maintenance.
- Maximizes System Lifespan Your air conditioner is a significant investment that should last between 15 and 20 years. The best way to do that is by having routine service conducted by a trained professional to replace worn-out parts and thoroughly clean the system.
- Minimizes Costly Repairs Many catastrophic air conditioner breakdowns occur because minor issues go unfixed and escalate. By scheduling annual AC maintenance, a professional technician will spot these issues and fix them before they can do severe damage.
- Provides Cleaner Indoor Air An unkempt air conditioner can get dirty after many years of use. And while keeping up with regular filter changes helps, the internal components also need cleaning. A dirty air conditioner spreads dust and allergens throughout the house, which can cause people with allergies and respiratory issues to suffer.
- Saves Energy Neglecting air conditioner maintenance can cause your system to work harder and consume more energy, making your energy expenses skyrocket.
Air conditioners can lose up to 5% efficiency every year. When your system becomes inefficient, it works harder to keep you cool, causing your energy bills to rise. Routine maintenance keeps components like condenser coils clean and allows you to replace worn-out parts so your system produces cold air consistently.
A tune-up performed by a reputable technician ensures your system operates at maximum efficiency to save you as much money as possible.