No matter your air conditioner problem, you can always count on Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning to solve it. Our technicians are highly trained, experienced, licensed, and insured. Moreover, we promise to be courteous, answer all your questions, and take every precaution to protect your property and leave it clean when we’re finished.
Please visit our reviews page to learn what people say about our work.
Trusted Central AC Repair in La Mirada
Being handy enough to fix things around the house is an excellent skill and a way to save money on minor repairs. However, some repairs are better performed by skilled professionals, and central AC repair is one.
Here are the most common AC issues you may encounter that warrant calling a professional AC contractor.
- Weak Airflow Weak airflow could be a simple fix like replacing the dirty air filter or something more involved, like ductwork obstructions or a failing compressor. Calling a pro is the quickest way to diagnose the cause and fix it.
- Warm Air It goes without saying that your air conditioner shouldn’t blow warm air, so if you can’t get comfortable no matter how low you set the thermostat, call an air conditioner repair company for help.
- Unusual Noises If your ordinarily quiet air conditioner suddenly makes loud squealing, rattling, banging, grinding, or other unusual sounds, call an AC expert to see what the problem is. Unusual sounds could be caused by a loose fan belt, worn-out bearings, or something that requires immediate repair.
- Electrical Issues Another problem requiring professional help is if your lights flicker or breakers trip when your air conditioner runs. This could be a wiring issue, a poor connection, or an overworking system.
Check out our blog for more tips and valuable information.
Signs You Need AC Replacement
All appliances fail, including your air conditioner. Although modern AC systems are built to run reliably for many years, time catches up to them eventually. It’s normal to want to hold on to your air conditioner for as long as possible, but here are the most common signs that say it’s time to let it go and upgrade.
- Age The average lifespan of an air conditioner is about 20 years, with routine maintenance and upkeep. However, if your system is that old or older, consider replacing it because it’s probably no longer covered by the warranty and any repairs are likely to be cost-prohibitive.
- Rising Energy Costs Does your energy bill give you a shock every month? While energy costs are rising, you should have an idea of what to expect every month considering that. So, if your bills are higher than average, your HVAC system may be the culprit because air conditioners lose efficiency as they age.
- You Can’t Get Comfortable Another obvious sign that your air conditioner may be ready for the scrap pile is if it’s not doing its job anymore. Perhaps you’ve added on to your home, or your family has grown, and your air conditioner can’t keep up with the added demand. Or, it could be that it’s too old. Either way, it’s probably time to upgrade to a new system.
- Expensive Repairs Old air conditioners that are out of warranty typically require expensive repairs. Often it’s more cost-effective to put the money you’d spend fixing your old system towards a new one.
Call the experts at Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning today to assess your air conditioner and determine if a replacement is necessary.