Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning is a locally owned and operated HVAC contractor serving residents in Long Beach, CA, and beyond. With four decades in the industry, we’ve learned a lot about heating and cooling systems and installing the right solution based on our customers’ needs.
Whether it’s a heater tune up, heating maintenance, or a new furnace installation, you can count on us to do the job right the first time and to stand behind our work 100%.
Call us today for an appointment or to request a callback.
When to Call a Furnace Contractor
You may not rely on your furnace as much as people in other parts of the country, but when you need it to take the chill away, you expect it to work. So, when your furnace fails to power on, makes weird noises, or emits foul odors, you may wonder if it’s better to hire a pro or fix it yourself. Here are the most common furnace problems that require professional help.
- Yellow Burner Flame Pay attention to the burner flame if you’re using a gas furnace. A healthy flame burns blue, so if it’s yellow, red, purple, green, or orange, the fuel is burning inefficiently, and you could be getting too much carbon monoxide output.
- Foul Odors It’s normal for your furnace to emit a strange odor when you start it after sitting idle for months. However, if a musty or burning smell persists, it could mean you have damaged electrical wiring or a mold problem. Either way, both situations require an inspection and repair by a competent professional.
- Low Heat Another common problem is when people can’t get comfortable, regardless of how much they fiddle with the thermostat. If you don’t feel the room temperature matches the thermostat, check it using a digital thermometer and then call a furnace contractor to diagnose the issue.
- Poor Airflow Poor airflow often results from a dirty air filter, obstructions in the ductwork, a broken blower, or improperly sized vents. Poor airflow can reduce indoor comfort because the room won’t get as warm as you want.
If you experience these or any other furnace issues, call Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning to investigate and repair the problem.
Long Beach Heater Tune-Up
You’ve likely heard that annual heating maintenance and tune-ups are necessary, but maybe you put off this chore or think it’s too expensive. However, here are a few reasons why you should take it seriously.
- Reduces Energy Bill Your furnace can take up to 50% of your energy expenses, and with energy costs continuing to rise, it’s good to save wherever you can. A well-tuned furnace runs more efficiently and uses less energy, saving you money.
- Prevent Unexpected Breakdowns & Repairs Most sudden heater breakdowns happen when minor issues like worn parts go unrepaired, leading to system failure. With routine maintenance, a technician replaces worn-out parts, tests the components, and assesses overall health to ensure nothing unexpected occurs.
- Extends Furnace Lifespan Routine maintenance prevents unexpected breakdowns and keeps your system in peak condition for its entire life. Most furnaces fail prematurely because the owner failed to do regular upkeep. Because a furnace installation is so expensive, it’s wise to keep yours running for as long as possible to maximize your investment.
- Maintain the Warranty If you have a new furnace, it’s probably under warranty. Manufacturers’ warranties differ, but many stipulate that you schedule annual maintenance from a trained professional to keep the warranty valid.
Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning has an affordable furnace maintenance program to keep your furnace in tip-top shape.
for Long Beach, CA
Repaired an Amana furnace in the City of Long Beach.