Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning is a family-owned AC contractor proudly serving homeowners in Los Alamitos and the surrounding areas. We’re committed to providing high-quality work and solutions that fit most budgets. Our technicians are highly trained, skilled, drug-tested, and background-checked for your safety and peace of mind.
Please visit our customer reviews and see what others think about our work.
Los Alamitos Central AC Repair
Everyone is spending more time indoors than ever before. With remote work the norm in some places, it’s crucial for our indoor environment to be comfortable. So, when your air conditioner is on the fritz, it can make life miserable. How do you know when to call an AC contractor for repairs or maintenance? Here are some signs to watch.
- Your AC Emits Unusual Sounds Your central AC system should operate in near silence, so when you hear odd sounds like rattling, banging, hissing, or squealing, it indicates a problem. How severe the problem is depends on the cause, so it’s wise to call a professional to diagnose the issue and fix it as soon as possible.
- High Humidity Besides cooling your home, your air conditioner also keeps indoor humidity in check. If the inside atmosphere feels sticky or you notice excessive moisture, your air conditioner may be to blame.
- Sky High Energy Bills It’s normal for your energy bills to rise during the hot summer months when you rely more on your AC. However, if your energy bills are higher than expected, it could be caused by an air conditioner that’s lost efficiency.
- Your Air Conditioner Short Cycles Does your air conditioner power on and off rapidly without cooling your home? This issue impacts your comfort and causes excess wear and tear on the system, leading to premature failure.
If you notice these or any other odd behavior from your central air conditioner, call the cooling professionals at Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning for an inspection and repair.
Professional AC Tune Up
Homeowners have a never-ending list of chores and repairs to take care of; some are more crucial than others. It’s easy to let important things slip or forget. However, one chore that should be on top of your list once spring arrives is air conditioner maintenance and tune-up.
Routine air conditioner maintenance provides many benefits, including:
- Reduces the Chance of Breakdown You’re probably familiar with the concept of preventative maintenance, and this applies to your central air conditioner. Your AC has many components that wear down over time, leading to performance issues and sudden breakdowns. During routine maintenance, the technician inspects each part for problems that could compromise the system. Annual air conditioner tune-ups are inexpensive to ensure your system runs all summer efficiently.
- Increases Energy Efficiency Air conditioners can lose up to 5% efficiency annually, which translates to more wear and tear on the system and higher energy bills for you. Cleaning the system thoroughly, replacing the filter, and straightening bent fins, your air conditioner runs more efficiently and saves you money.
- Increases AC Lifespan Your air conditioner is an expensive investment and one that should last between 15 and 20 years. Annual maintenance and tune-ups are excellent ways to keep your system in optimal condition for its life, helping you get the most out of your investment.
Check out our affordable AC maintenance to keep your system in tip-top shape.