Finding a reliable heater contractor isn’t as tricky as finding a needle in a haystack when you have Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning in town. We have four decades of experience and hundreds of satisfied customers behind us. Whether you need a new heating installation, heater repair, or routine maintenance, you can trust us to do the job right the first time.
Please visit our reviews page to see what your friends think about our work.
Los Alamitos Heater Replacement
Apart from sudden heater failure, it’s challenging to know when to replace your heater; however, there are subtle (and not so subtle) clues that you should consider sooner rather than later.
- How Old Is It? A good clue that your furnace is past its prime is its age. The average lifespan of a heater is between 15 and 20 years, so once your system reaches that point, it’s wise to plan on repairing it soon before it breaks down.
- Your Maintenance Schedule Another factor determining when a furnace is ready to retire is how well-maintained it is. If you’ve kept up with regular service, you should get the maximum life out of the unit —about 20 years. However, if your maintenance track record is spotty or non-existent, keeping it running can get prohibitively expensive, and replacing it is the better option.
- The $5,000 Rule If your furnace needs repairs, experts recommend considering the $5,000 rule. This rule multiplies the unit’s age with the repair cost. Replacing the system is better if the amount is more than $5,000.
- When Is The Right Time For a Heater Replacement? If you’re unsure about the age or condition of your heating system, call the cooling experts at Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning for an evaluation. Our technician will inspect your system and recommend the best course for your needs and budget.
Check out our furnace repair services to keep your furnace running correctly.
5 Benefits of Heater Maintenance
There’s a never-ending list of household chores; unfortunately, many homeowners overlook heater maintenance. However, a simple call to a cooling professional can save you time, money, and headaches in the future. Here are the top five benefits of annual furnace maintenance.
- Maintain Efficiency The average furnace can lose up to 5% efficiency every year. When your system becomes inefficient, it works harder to keep you cool, causing your energy bills to rise. Routine maintenance keeps components clean and allows you to replace worn-out parts, so your system gives you consistent heat.
- Maximize System Lifespan Your furnace is a significant investment that should last between 15 and 20 years. The best way to do that is by having routine service conducted by a trained professional to replace worn-out parts and thoroughly clean the system.
- Minimize Costly Repairs Many catastrophic furnace breakdowns occur because minor issues go unfixed and escalate. By scheduling annual maintenance, a professional technician will spot these issues and fix them before they can do severe damage.
- Provides Cleaner Indoor Air An unkempt furnace can get dirty after many years of use. And while keeping up with regular filter changes helps, the internal components also need cleaning. A dirty heater spreads dust and allergens throughout the house, which can cause people with allergies and respiratory issues to suffer.
- Saves Energy Neglecting annual furnace maintenance can cause your system to work harder and consume more energy, making your expenses skyrocket.
A tune-up performed by a reputable technician ensures your system operates at maximum efficiency to save you as much money as possible.