Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning is a family-owned and operated AC contractor that provides first-rate cooling solutions for homeowners with outstanding customer service. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is reflected in our glowing customer reviews. Whether you need a new air conditioning installation, central AC repair, or an AC tune-up, you can count on us.
Call us today to request a callback.
Norwalk Air Conditioning Installation & Repair
If the heat is starting to wear you down, even when you’re at home, your air conditioner is likely on the fritz. Many things cause air conditioners to suffer performance drops, and it isn’t easy to know when to call a pro for help. Here are the most common air conditioner issues that signal you need repair or replacement.
- Your Air Conditioner Blows Warm Air It goes without saying, but people purchase air conditioners to keep cool. So, if your system pumps out lukewarm air, call a professional to determine the problem.
- The Thermostat Isn’t Responding The thermostat is the brain of your air conditioner, communicating with the system to generate the cold air you desire and measuring the atmosphere to ensure the AC is doing its job. If the air conditioner runs, but you never get as cool as you like, it could mean the thermostat has failed.
- Poor Airflow Like blowing warm air, the room won’t get comfortable if you don’t get strong airflow from the vents. Poor airflow can result from clogged filters, a problem in the ductwork, or a failing compressor. If you have poor airflow, it’s best to call a trained professional to determine the issue.
- Loud Noises When your air conditioner runs, you should only hear a low ambient hum or no sound at all. If, on the other hand, you hear squealing, grinding, rattling, or scraping, it means there’s something wrong inside the unit. You must deal with these sounds as soon as possible, or you risk irreparable damage.
Increasing & Costly Repairs
Most air conditioners require more frequent and expensive repairs during the last two years of their lives. Add up how much you’ve spent on repairs, and if you notice an upward trend, it’s time to consider replacing your aging system with a new one instead of wasting money on one past its prime.
Read our customer reviews, then call us.
What’s An AC Tune Up & Why Is It Necessary
Imagine during the height of summer, when the temperature is unbearable, and your air conditioner conks out. Getting emergency air conditioner repair is pricey, so it’s best to avoid needing it, and that’s where AC maintenance comes in.
Your air conditioner is a complex machine with many components that all work together to keep you cool and comfortable. Performing routine maintenance and tune-ups ensures your system continues running efficiently and provides the cooling you expect. During a typical service call, an HVAC technician will:
- Check for dirty or loose electrical connections, leaks, and other issues that can cause performance drops
- Replace the air filter
- Check the refrigerant level
- Test the thermostat for proper function
- Measure coolant levels
- Perform a thorough system cleaning
- Perform a battery of tests to ensure the system is running optimally
Annual maintenance helps to prolong the system’s life and keep your energy costs as low as possible. Moreover, if your AC is still under warranty, the manufacturer may require you to schedule annual service from a trained professional to keep it valid.
If you can’t remember the last time you had an AC tune-up or have never done it, call Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning and ask about our affordable maintenance program.