Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning is a trusted, locally-owned HVAC contractor. With over forty years in the industry, we’ve seen every heating and cooling problem you can imagine and fixed them all. Our technicians are committed to your comfort and safety and are background-checked and drug tested for peace of mind. Whether you need heating and cooling repairs, routine maintenance, or a new system installation, you can always count on us.
We serve the following cities:
Check out our customer reviews to see what your friends and neighbors think about our work.
Common Heating & Cooling Problems
Heating and cooling systems are complex machines. And while they’re built to be durable and run reliably for many years, like any machine, they will develop issues that compromise their performance. We see a lot of HVAC issues, but here are the most common ones you may encounter.
- Dirty Filters It can’t be stressed enough how important it is to the health and function of your heater or AC to change the filters regularly; however, this is a chore many homeowners overlook. Dirty filters can lead to many issues, including short cycling, freezing, uneven cooling, increased wear and tear, and poor indoor air quality. Experts recommend changing your filter every three months, but you may change yours more frequently if you have pets.
- Pilot Light & Ignition If you have a gas furnace, you must pay attention to the pilot light because it signifies whether your system is working efficiently or not. Issues with the pilot light can lead to delayed burner ignition, furnace lockout, or increased carbon monoxide. A healthy pilot light burns bright blue, so if it is another color, call a professional technician as soon as possible.
- Malfunctioning Thermostat Thermostats are another area where things go wrong with a heating or cooling system. Aging thermostats can fail, and your system won’t provide you with the comfort you desire, no matter how you set it. Modern programmable thermostats are an excellent way to save energy and control your heating and cooling. And if they run on batteries, they must be replaced periodically to keep everything running smoothly.
- Unusual Noises It’s normal for your heating or cooling system to make low ambient noise while running. However, hearing something unusual, like grinding, squealing, or rattling, can indicate a serious problem, like bearing or motor failure. If you hear your HVAC system emitting odd sounds, call a technician for an inspection immediately.
- Electrical Issues If your heating or cooling system trips breakers or blows fuses when it powers on, it could be overworking. Dirty filters typically cause an overworked system, but it could be an issue with the wiring. If the problem persists after replacing the filter, call an expert who can safely diagnose the problem and repair it.
Schedule routine maintenance and tune-ups to avoid these and other issues that reduce comfort and impede your system’s performance.
Call Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning today and ask about our affordable service.
Your Trusted Orange County Heating & AC Contractor
During our forty-plus years in business, we’ve learned more than how to install and repair furnaces and air conditioners; we learned how to use Home Comfort Systems to provide customers with the most efficient and affordable comfort solutions for their homes. As a family-owned business, we’re committed to providing unmatched customer service, as reflected in our numerous 5-Star customer reviews.