Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning has four decades of experience helping residents throughout Downey, CA, with their heating and cooling problems. Because we’re a family-owned and operated company, we give you superior customer service compared to many national chains. Whether you need repair, maintenance, or a new system installation, you can count on us because we back up our work with a guarantee.
Our indoor air quality services ensure your family breathes the cleanest, healthiest air possible.
Benefits of a Smart Thermostat
If you’ve used the same thermostats for over 20 years, you probably wonder why you should bother upgrading to something new. Replacing your old thermostats with programmable or smart models isn’t just about getting something fancy; it can save you a lot of money on your heating and cooling bills. However, if you’re still on the fence about getting a smart thermostat, check out these reasons for doing it.
- They Save Money As mentioned, the most significant benefit to upgrading your old thermostats to programmable models is the money savings. With a smart thermostat, you can program your heating and cooling system to run less when you’re out of the house, which saves you money. You can also program it to start cooling or heating right before you get home, so your home is just the right temperature when you arrive.
How much money you can save depends on many factors, including the make and model of the thermostat you install. However, a general baseline is approximately 10%, and it’s estimated that you can save up to $150 per year on average. Some manufacturers boast better energy savings, so it’s best to do your homework before taking the plunge.
- Track Your Energy Usage Tracking how much energy you use is an excellent way to get a handle on your energy expenses. With costs rising everywhere, it’s prudent to do everything you can to save money, especially on energy. If you install a smart thermostat, you can build an energy profile that you can monitor over time for changes. This allows you to make adjustments when necessary to control your energy better.
- Remote Control Speaking of better control, most smart and wifi thermostats allow you to control them remotely via apps on your phone. Remote control is convenient, especially when you may be coming home earlier than anticipated and want the house to be at just the right temperature when you get there. Simply open the app on the phone, set the temperature, and the system should respond as long as you have an internet connection.
Another benefit of remote control is if you have a property that you rent out or use as a vacation property. A wifi thermostat can be set up to alert you if the temperature drops and puts the pipes in danger of freezing, so you can increase the heat via the app and avert a crisis.
If these benefits sound good to you, call Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning today to book an appointment.
How To Know You Need a Thermostat Replacement
It’s a safe bet that most homeowners in Downey, CA, have an HVAC system for their heating and cooling needs. And, for these systems to run efficiently, all the components must be in good condition. However, one part that many people overlook is the thermostat. There are telltale signs that your thermostat may need to be replaced, and here’s what to watch for.
- Your HVAC Short Cycles Short cycling happens when your HVAC system turns on and off rapidly. This is sometimes caused by a dirty air filter or mechanical issue, or it could be that the thermostat isn’t communicating correctly with the system.
- Faulty Readings Have you looked at the thermostat and thought, “there’s no way that temperature is right.” Well, it’s probably because the thermostat is showing signs of aging and telling you it’s time to replace it.
- Spike In Energy Bills If you’ve noticed a sudden rise in your energy bills, it could be your HVAC system is losing efficiency, or it could be that your thermostat needs replacing. To find out the cause, it’s best to call a professional HVAC technician to investigate.
- Inconsistent Temperature Finally, if you can’t get consistent temperature throughout the house or your system has difficulty maintaining the temperature you set, it’s a good sign that your thermostat is ready for the scrap heap and it’s time to upgrade.
Call Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning experts for all of your ductwork repair and installation needs.
Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning is a locally-owned and operated company dedicated to providing residents with top-rated customer service and work they can count on. Unlike other contractors, our technicians put your property first, keeping it clean when working and leaving it spotless when they’re finished.