Over the last forty years, Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning has learned a thing or two about air conditioners. Our professional technicians are highly trained to service most major brands, whether routine maintenance or a new system installation. And, because we’re a family-owned company, we provide A+ customer service that’s difficult to get with national chain contractors.
Whether you need a new AC or tune-up, call us first.
Whittier AC Replacement
We’re experiencing near-record temperatures every summer, and people rely on their air conditioners more than ever to stay comfortable. Because the last thing you need is for your AC to fail when you need it most, it’s wise to know when it’s time to replace an aging system instead of repairing it. So, if you’re unsure when is the right time to upgrade your air conditioner, here are a few signs the time may be now.
- Poor Airflow One of the most obvious signs that your air conditioner is nearing the end of its life is when the airflow it puts out weakens. If the system is running, but you can’t tell because there’s practically no air coming from the vents, it could be something as simple as a dirty filter or the system is failing. The best way to know is to call a technician for an inspection.
- Noisy Operation Your air conditioner should run nearly silently, with barely an ambient hum. So, if your system suddenly makes loud, unusual noises like rattling, squealing, or banging, it may be time to upgrade to a new unit.
- Foul Odors Like odd noises, the air coming from your air conditioner should smell neutral. If it smells smokey or musty, call an AC contractor to investigate the issue.
- Rising Energy Bills Have you noticed that your energy bills are higher than expected? Higher monthly energy bills could be the typical rising cost of everything, or it could be your system telling you that it’s failing. Sometimes, an AC tune-up is enough to bring your energy expenses back in line, but in extreme cases, replacement is the better option.
- Age Finally, your air conditioner’s age is crucial in determining whether to replace it. The average lifespan of an air conditioner is between 15 and 20 years, so if your system is reaching the upper limits of its useful life, you’re typically better off replacing it instead of going down the never-ending repair road to keep it running.
These problems don’t always mean you need an AC replacement right now, but it’s wise to consult a professional HVAC technician to assess the state of your system so you can plan for your replacement instead of being a surprise.
Ensure your air conditioner runs efficiently and lasts as long as possible with our affordable AC maintenance.
Benefits of Routine AC Maintenance
Whether your air conditioner is new or has been in service for many years, scheduling routine maintenance is an excellent habit to get into, and here’s why.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality Over time, dust, pet dander, and debris build up in your air conditioner. And while you may think changing the filter regularly helps keep your indoor air clean (it does), it’s still wise to schedule maintenance to clean the system’s innards thoroughly. Keeping your system clean also keeps your ductwork and indoor air healthy.
- Improved Efficiency During AC maintenance, the technician will inspect the coils, clean the blades, and examine the components for wear and tear. Clean coils, new filters, and general tune-ups keep your system running efficiently, which can lower energy costs.
- Reduce the Chance of Breakdown Most catastrophic air conditioner failure happens because minor issues escalate over time. Routine maintenance allows you to repair or replace worn-out parts, reducing the chance of sudden failure.
- Increased Lifespan Because an air conditioner is an expensive investment, you’ll want to keep it running for as long as possible, and the best way to do that is by scheduling annual maintenance.
- Warranty Protection Many AC manufacturers’ warranties stipulate that the owner performs routine maintenance and upkeep to keep the warranty valid.
for Whittier, CA
Final job walk on a new AC Pro heating and air conditioning installation complete with AC Pro condenser, AC Pro furnace and complete duct system in the City of Whittier.