Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning is the go-to heating specialist in Downey, CA, because we have four decades of experience, offer upfront pricing, and treat your property with the utmost respect. Whether it’s a heating tune-up, repair, or new system installation, you can trust our skilled technicians.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
We offer the following heating services:
- Heater Repair & Maintenance
- Heater Installation & Replacement
- Furnace Repair & Maintenance
- Furnace Installation & Replacement
- Heat Pump Services
- Ductless Mini Split Systems
- Commercial HVAC
Downey Heating Service
Knowing when a heating issue requires calling a heating contractor can be challenging. However, while some problems can wait, others demand immediate attention. Here are the most common problems when calling a heating service company is warranted.
- Odd Noises It’s normal for your heater or furnace to make ambient noise when running or powering on and off. However, when you hear something out of the ordinary, like banging, screeching, or squealing, it means something is wrong. The longer you ignore strange noises, the worse the problem gets, which could lead to a complete furnace failure, so call a professional technician at the first sign.
- Inadequate Heat If you’re not getting the heat you need to keep you comfortable, no matter how much you adjust the thermostat, call a heating expert to diagnose the problem. Sometimes, all you need is a filter change, but in other instances, it could be something requiring a more intensive repair.
- Higher Than Average Heating Bills You should have an idea of what your average monthly heating bill is during cold weather months. So, if you notice that your energy expenses suddenly rise and you’ve not changed your usage habits, call us to find out why.
- Foul Odors An odd odor from your heater or furnace when you power it on for the first time cold weather hits is normal. However, you should never smell foul odors such as gas or musty smells after that.
Signs It’s Time To Replace Your Furnace
Replacing a home heater or furnace is an expensive investment, so it’s natural to want to hold on to your current system for as long as possible. However, there comes the point where replacement is the best option, and here’s how to know.
- Age The number one factor determining furnace replacement is your system’s age. The average life of a furnace is between 20 and 25 years. Routine maintenance will keep your system running efficiently; however, eventually, wear and tear take their toll, and replacement is the best option.
- Frequent Repairs Most home heaters and furnaces require more frequent repairs during the last few years of their lives. Check your repair cost and frequency, and if you’re spending money every year to keep your system running, it’s typically better to spring for a new heater instead of keeping your old one alive.
- It’s Out Of Warranty If your heater or furnace is out of warranty and you’re facing a major repair, you may want to consider a replacement. A good rule of thumb is that if the repair cost is 50% or more than that of a new unit, get a new one.
- Rust & Damage Finally, if your furnace is rusty or otherwise damaged, replace it for safety’s sake.
Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning is the heating service company people trust when they need heating repair and replacement. Call us today!