Residents in Downey know how crucial it is to have an air conditioner to keep them cool and comfortable when the temperature spikes. So, if your system isn’t keeping up or makes strange noises, it’s time to call a professional to determine what is happening. At Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning, we have 40 years of experience serving homeowners throughout Los Angeles County.
Whether it’s a minor repair or a full-blown system replacement, you can count on our experts to do the job right the first time and treat you with the courtesy and respect you deserve.
Contact us today, and let us make your system right.
The Importance of AC Maintenance
Many Downey homeowners rely on their air conditioners year-round, which means these systems undergo significant wear and tear. Failing to keep up with routine maintenance can lead to disaster. Here’s why keeping your air conditioner in tip-top shape is crucial.
- Maintain Efficiency Think of your air conditioner like your car; it won’t perform optimally if you don’t schedule regular tune-ups. Air conditioners can lose up to 5% efficiency every year. When your system becomes inefficient, it works harder to keep you cool, causing your energy bills to rise. Routine maintenance keeps components like condenser coils clean and allows you to replace worn-out parts, so your system produces cold air consistently.
- Maximize System Lifespan Your air conditioner is a significant investment that should last between 20 and 25 years. Failing to schedule annual AC maintenance and tune-ups can significantly lower your system’s lifespan. Because you probably rely on your air conditioner more than people in other parts of the country, it’s wise to take care of it so it provides many years of reliable service before needing replacement.
- Minimize Costly Repairs Many catastrophic air conditioner breakdowns occur because minor issues go unfixed and escalate. By scheduling annual AC maintenance, a professional technician will spot these issues and fix them before they can do severe damage.
- Protects Your Health It’s normal for an air conditioner to get dirty after years of use, even if you keep up with regular filter changes. A dirty air conditioner spreads dust, germs, and bacteria throughout your house, which can impact people who have respiratory problems and allergies. Routine maintenance typically includes thorough system cleaning, ensuring the air you breathe inside is as clean as possible.
- Improves Comfort If an air conditioner begins wearing down, you might find it difficult to get as comfortable as you like, which can mean less restful sleep and more stress. Regular system care keeps your air conditioner running at peak performance so you enjoy the comfort you desire. An AC tune-up can restore an aging system to cooling efficiency.
- Saves Energy Many homeowners don’t realize it, but neglecting air conditioner maintenance can cause your system to work harder and consume more energy. Poor performance means more money out of your pocket, whether it’s a clogged filter or refrigerant leak. A tune-up performed by a reputable technician ensures your system is in top operating condition and keeps you cool using the least amount of energy possible.
If your air conditioner isn’t performing as it should, call Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning experts today for an AC tune-up.
Los Angeles County Air Conditioner Repair Service
Keeping your air conditioner well-maintained is crucial to its long lifespan and your family’s comfort. However, sometimes systems break down no matter what you do. But how do you know when an issue requires help from a trained professional? Here are the most common signs that you need AC repair.
- Warm Air If the air coming from your vents isn’t as cold as it used to be and adjusting the thermostat doesn’t help, it could be a refrigerant leak or a failing compressor that’s to blame. Instead of attempting a DIY repair, call a professional to quickly identify and solve the problem.
- Poor Airflow Another sign that your air conditioner needs some TLC is if the airflow is so weak that you don’t get the overall home cooling required to keep you comfortable. Sometimes, blockages in the ducts cause poor airflow, while in other cases, it’s a broken motor or clogged air filter.
- Frequent Cycling Air conditioners go through normal running and shutting down cycles to maintain the desired temperature. However, if your system constantly runs or cycles on and off too quickly, it’s a sign that something is wrong, and you need a professional diagnosis.
- High Humidity Part of your air conditioner’s job is to regulate indoor humidity, so if you find the air inside unbearably moist, call an air conditioner repair service to determine the problem.
- Odd Noises Most air conditioners make low ambient noise when running. However, if you suddenly hear screeching, banging, rattling, or another sound you’ve not heard before, don’t wait because it probably won’t fix itself. Depending on the noise source, letting it go may cause irreparable system damage, leading to an air conditioner replacement.
Contact us for all of your AC cleaners & filtration needs.
Call the Pros at Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning
At Lambert Heating and Air Conditioning, we have 40 years of experience serving homeowners throughout Los Angeles County and the surrounding area. Our expert technicians are trained to service most major brands, and we stand behind our work. We’re family-owned and operated, which means you get more personalized service than working with a nationwide chain.